Thursday, January 20, 2011

One less cookie in my life.

 I started a post last week on a double chocolate chunk cookie recipe.
I took pictures of all the steps, creaming butter and sugar, a chopping board full of chocolate chunks, the cut cookies ready to go in the oven. The finished product.
There was only one problem. This was a new recipe. It wasn't one I had tried before. They turned out puffy, dry and just plain boring.
 All that work for nothing.
 Because the glass is half full, or in this case even a sad cookie is better than no cookie at all.
I'm thankful that I only made a half recipe.
The chocolate chunks in them were still good.
I get to write in my cookbook. I like to rate my recipes. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment.
My baby girl loved them. She loves anything that she can get into her mouth, but I'm taking what I can get here.


 The moral of this story is. Just make Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Everyone will appreciate it more.
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh. It is so frustrating to me when what I bake doesn't turn out. I burned half my coookies the other day with a new cookie sheet I bought. Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mrs. Fields! :) I guess it's just trial and error with this. I made cookies as hard as a rock this one time. lol.

    Please do come over and join my international giveaway!

    http://kookyheteromorphic.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-and-giveaway-art-of-shaving-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Fields is wonderful!!

    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time. Cheers!