Monday, May 6, 2013

Stink, Stank, Stunk.


 I have a problem. It's those nasty cloth diapers. They stink, and I don't know what to do about it.
I refuse to let my house become of those stinky cloth diaper smelling houses. You've been in them. You know what I'm talking about.
 This is what I do, and it worked all right, but now that it's getting warmer it's starting to smell.
I rinse them right after use, and put them in a pail with a lid and every two days I rinse cold, wash hot with an extra rinse at the end.
But that pail, it stinks.
So if any of you have any helpful tips I would love to hear them.
Please, pretty please. I need help here!

5 comments:

  1. This is how to srtip your diapers, and this video will show you how :-) http://youtu.be/iPv1F8XHDs0 and here are the 8 signs that you might need to strip them kinda funny http://youtu.be/UKMavVU4Ywo

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee, I'm going to try that tonight. Much appreciated.

      Delete
    2. I tried this, and it worked. Thank you so much Renee.

      Delete
  2. Nelleke told me that she uses Borax as a washing additive. It is called 'nature's air freshener.' So, that's what I do too, now. My diapers don't smell yet though. I also find that when I put a lid on my diaper pail it tends to stink, when I don't you can be sitting right next to it and it doesn't smell. I think it's because anaerobic bacteria (bacteria that grows where there is no air) smells a lot worse than aerobic bacteria.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for taking the time. Cheers!